Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Actually, organization does matter...

... but who's doing the organizing matters, too, and so does who's being organized. The Kerry and Edwards focus on neighbor to neighbor outreach was the right kind of organization for Iowa.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, Howard Dean's imported wave of 'Perfect Stormers' didn't always connect with Iowa voters. In a piece at TAPPED, Garance Franke-Ruta points out that the reverse was sometimes true, as well.

"I feel like I'm in a foreign country," said one Perfect Stomer wearing a lilac windbreaker. "I'm off the net. I'm not watching television. I can't find the New York Times. When I'm at my desk, I read 40 papers a day, all the political pundit sites...Now I'm doing something different. I'm talking to real people who have real lives raising kids." She looked around the KFC at the families eating extra-crispy chicken like they were a novelty, instead of her countrymen.

There's a lesson there. Wanna bet Trippi hasn't learned it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home