Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Just in case...

...you're still clinging to the impression that you can believe a single thing the occupant of the White House has to say about his disdain for 527s or his commitment to campaign finance reform, remember this...
(GEORGE) WILL: In which case, would you veto the McCain-Feingold bill, or the Shays-Meehan bill?

BUSH: That's an interesting question. I - I - yes I would. The reason why is two - for one, I think it does respe - res - restrict free speech for individuals. As I understand how the bill was written, I I - I think there's been two versions of it, but as I understand the first version restricted individuals and/or groups from being able to express their opinion...
Of course, that's before he saw the progressive 527s on the horizon. In fact, painful as it is to admit, he was right then. Free people have a right to join together to exercise free speech, and to pool their resources in the effort. He just never imagined we could match the liars on his side with the resources needed to promote the truth on ours. Since the truth will, however glacial the pace may seem, inevitably out, now he wants to shut everybody up.

And did you notice that even a friendly journal can't make a guy with degrees from Yale and Harvard sound fluent in English? What's up with that?






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home