Saturday, November 20, 2004

This majik moment...

...comes courtesy of James Wolcott, who offers a pointer to Majikthise (aka Lindsay Beyerstein), who not only gets a coveted slot on the Wolcott blogroll, but looks to be about 30 years younger and 100% hipper than I'll ever be. But am I jealous?

No, not me.

In fact, I'm feeling magnamimous. This little rant in response to Jonathan Chait's suggestion that Democrats put the NEA on the sacrificial altar to curry favor with the Red State gods is more than sufficient to earn Majikthise a spot on our own Other Lefties list...
I'm sick of hearing privileged "liberals" cynically opining (in public, no less!) about which or our core constituencies we can cut loose in order to curry favor with the Red States. Gays? Women? Unions? Immigrants? You know, the people whose petty concerns will probably pale beside the Real values of the Democratic party. I say "probably" because the pundits tell me that we don't actually have a Vision yet--but the Marketing Team will be getting back to us soon.

****

Some people seem determined to live up to the right wing slander. When right accuses us of being unprincipled snobs, they leap up to validate the stereotype: "Why yessir, Mr. Limbaugh. Guilty as charged, sir. Might I flay an interpretive dancer for your listening pleasure and that of your mouth-breathing Jeebofascist drone army?"
Sic 'em, Lindsay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home