Friday, September 16, 2005

Um, George?

Better talk to Tom...

President George W. Bush, facing alarm among some conservatives about the hefty costs of rebuilding following Hurricane Katrina, promised on Friday to find ways to offset some of the spending by cutting other government programs, and ruled out raising taxes.
****
"My answer to those that want to offset the spending is sure, bring me the offsets, I'll be glad to do it. But nobody has been able to come up with any yet."

When asked if that meant the government was running at peak efficiency, DeLay said, "Yes, after 11 years of Republican majority we've pared it down pretty good."
I suppose somebody's right, but I shudder to think it might be either one of those guys. No real surprise, though, that they can't even agree on what they're wrong about. Now, more than ever…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home