Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I just hate it…

…when Republicans appropriate Democratic icons for their own purposes. I hate it even more when they appropriate our Party's ballot line. This from Democrat In Name (Sometimes) (™ Carl), State Senator Tim Sheldon
"I'm a Democrat because I'm committed to public service. I grew up as a Democrat. I attended the 1964 national convention as an alternate delegate when LBJ was nominated. Among my heroes when I grew up were John Kennedy," said Sheldon, who is 59.
That sounds like quite the credential, except that for the thirty or so years I've been involved in it, in order to be a precinct, let alone national, delegate in the Democratic candidate selection process, you have to be a registered voter. Tim Sheldon was seventeen at the time. The voting age was 21.

So, was he a phony voter? Or a phony delegate?

We know he's a phony Democrat.

Happily, there's something we can do about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home