Sunday, July 09, 2006

Mea Culpa.

I admit it. I've been guilty of dismissing Mark Wilson as a gadfly, a serial partisan who wasn't a serious enough person, politically, to be taken seriously. He corrects my error with an eloquent withdrawal statement after what must have been a very serious assessment of his campaign and the real stakes for all of us...
...I stated all along that my goal in this effort was not to run against anyone, but to run for everyone. This has been a campaign of our values. And, that the highest priority is that we Democrats retain this important seat.

Senator Maria Cantwell is the best choice for achieving that important goal. The fact is that Senator Cantwell has time and again stood, face in the wind of adversity, and persevered on our behalf. Now is the time to get behind her and push.

Please join me in this important effort.
Hat tip to Evergreen Politics, where you'll find Wilson's complete statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home