Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Played hooky…

…from my usual Tuesday night duties hosting the weekly neighborhood jam session at the pub in order to attend the Seattle edition of Drinking Liberally last night.

Lamont returns on the big screen, plenty of over the shoulder views of laptop screens scanning the news sites and blogosphere for early reaction (and White Sox v. Yankees updates), and a properly (as in not too) chilled pint of a fine stout that's made, I'm told, on the premises were all appealing features, but better yet, and the real inspiration for my expedition, was the chance to meet some of the folks I read ever day.

I recognized Goldy by voice, appropriately enough, and introduced myself, and he graciously introduced me to Darryl and Michael. Eventually I got a chance for a quick hello with Mollie and Will before they ducked under the cone of silence with Goldy and Joel Connelly for the podcast. Before leaving, I had an enjoyable and informative conversation with Daniel. Overall, a fine group of folks to be in some way associated with. Thanks for your hospitality, one and all.

That's Tuesdays at the Montlake Ale House, 24th E & E Lynn. If you haven't been, you oughta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home