Monday, October 30, 2006

Speaking of the road...

...and my Brilliant and Beautiful Bride, one of our conversations during 2000 miles in the car focused on my frustration with the way the liberal tradition of being receptive to new truths and adapting ones beliefs and behaviors accordingly (that's, after all, what being 'progressive' should be all about) has been warped by the mass media into the notion that every opinion offered has to be given equal weight in a 'on the one hand, on the other' presentation.

Fact is, there aren't two (or more) sides to every issue. Sometimes there's just the truth. Lies aren't 'a side.' Lies are just lies, and should only be reported in order to be identified as such.

I'm not sure if I made my point as well as I wanted while we were driving along, but I'm pretty sure Glenn Greenwald makes it better in this post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home