Wednesday, November 01, 2006

End of story.

Carville's right, of course…
"He didn’t owe anybody an apology. He owed an explanation”
…which he gave, but for Harold and Jon and anyone else who thought they needed the cover of an apology, here it is...
KERRY: Of course it isn’t what I said. I left out one word, I left out the word us. They got us stuck. Instead of that, I said they got stuck. And they’re taking advantage of it. And here’s what’s wrong.

IMUS: Why not apologize for the misunderstanding?

KERRY: I did, I said it was a botched joke, of course I’m sorry about a botched joke. You think I love botched jokes? It’s pretty stupid.
…and more.
KERRY: ... it's just a disgraceful thing when people try to assert that somebody like me, who has spent 35 years of my life fighting for veterans, standing up for veterans, fighting for their combat pay, fighting for Agent Orange recognition, fighting for their armor, fighting for their up-armored Humvees, fighting for them to have a strategy that wins, fighting to honor them that the notion that this comment was directed at them is an insult by these guys, and they know it. I mean, that's really the bottom line here.
And for all y'all who want to jump on this brouhaha, born and bred in the cesspool of Karl Rove's smear shop, as proof that John Kerry is somehow singularly unsuited for another Presidential bid, Greg Saunders has a relevant reminder...
We've seen this exact same scenario unfold countless times in response to similarly "controversial" remarks by Howard Dean, Al Gore, and others.
It doesn't matter who you like or don't, or what they say or don't. Republicans are just going to lie.

It's what they do.

It's all they got.

By the way, the Democratic Party needs your help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home