Wednesday, January 03, 2007

So long…

…and thanks for all the links.

I don't know how many times I've touted The Stakeholder as the best of the Democratic institutional blogs. It's been the first place to turn for solid news from the DCCC, but it's always been more than a collection of committee press releases. It's been an institutional blog with a distinctive voice, and that voice has been Jesse Lee's.

Jesse's also been a great supporter of Upper Left, and I appreciate that, but that's something that a great many of us out here in the hinterlands can say. The Stakeholder has been more than a member of the Democratic blogging community, it's been a leader of that community, exercising that leadership by example rather than direction. Now, though, it's time for a new direction for Jesse...
It's been 3 years, 5645 posts, and 30 Republican seats, and now I have to take my leave. I'll be starting in the Speaker's office tomorrow, working on these self-same internets.
The Speaker's gain is, well, our gain. I'm looking forward to seeing the continued evolution of The Stakeholder as it finds it's new voice, and I have a feeling that this is the right move at the right time for all the right reasons.

Thanks, Jesse. And congrats on your new digs. I know I'm not alone in counting on hearing from you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home