Saturday, September 22, 2007

Damn.

Sad news from Michael Hood
Walt Crowley, 60, died Friday evening, Sept 21, after suffering a stroke following cancer surgery.


My memories of Walt stretch over several decades, but they all start with that guy, the artist, the editor, the guy I looked at with a certain amount of awe when I'd show up at the Helix office to pick up a bundle of papers for the 'boutique' I worked at before they coined the term 'head shop' and another to haul across the bridge to peddle to my suburban classmates.

He was always one of the good guys - a sparkling raconteur, solid Democrat and one of the driving forces in promoting the history and culture of the northwest, in recent years through the indispensible Historylink.org.

60.

Too damn young.

Rest in peace, Walt, and peace to all who knew and loved him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home