Thursday, February 21, 2008

BZZZZT!

Sorry, but thanks for playing. Senator Obama, right here on my TV…
My number one job, if I am elected president, will be to keep the American people safe.
Actually, I don't want to personalize it too much. Just because I haven't heard Clinton enunciate this particular bit of eerily Bushian presidential philosophy doesn't mean she hasn't said it, or wouldn't agree. In fact, a lot of America was probably nodding along with Barack.

But it's not true. It should not be true. It must not be true.

The number one job of the President of the United States is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States - that is, to keep the American people free.

Safety is elusive, perhaps impossible, but the attempt to insure it is invariably at the expense of liberty, and the price of liberty is too dear to spend freely.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home