Friday, October 16, 2009

Yes, you can.

Ted Turner, via DougJ...
You know, if you economize and don’t buy new airplanes or long-range jets, or that sort of thing, you can get by on a billion or two.
You can, of course, get by on substantially less, but there's a limit, and as I've mentioned, we've just about reached it here at Upper Left World Headquarters, so I'm in the midst of a rare beg-a-thon.

If you appreciate my efforts here and have a couple of shekels to spare, I'd sure appreciate it. I promise not to piss it away on a long-range jet.

PayPal or email for a postal address.

Thanks!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Terry Parkhurst said...

I posed a link to your blog site at the "home" page of myself at Facebook, Shaun; with a plea for those interested to help you out financially. I don't have a lot of Facebook connections - about 50 - and as I explained in my post, those connections span the political spectrum. I also mentioned a bit about you: Vietnam combat vet, good musician and family guy supreme (even a proud grandad).

These things work exponetially; or at least that's the theory.

I'm just broke as can be this month. So I hope that link and plea for donations, helps some. I'd hate to see this site shut down. It was bad enough to lose the print edition of the Seattle P-I, earlier this year.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Shaun said...

I appreciate the sentiment and assistance, Terry. I know there's a lot of folks out there that would if they could. I've found myself in that position plenty of times. Thanks for your kind thoughts and your help.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Terry Parkhurst said...

You're welcome, Shaun. I meant to write that I posted a link; but you got the idea.

Yeah, there's a lot of folks running on fumes these days, as the old saying goes.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home