Saturday, October 22, 2011

Another revolution...

...of my home planet has occurred since I fired up this thing on October 22, 2003. Eight Earth years is damn near incalculable in blog years, I suppose. All the usual accolades to my co-bloggers, readers, commenters, sources and inspirations apply. Doing this has been a source of entertainment, education and solace for me, and I hope it's been at least some of that for some of you.

I'd be remiss if I didn't note that none of this would have been possible without the unrelenting indulgence of the Brilliant and Beautiful Bride of Upper Left.

All the usual accolades also apply, of course, to those who've chipped in to keep me and the blog afloat financially. Things aren't quite as desparate around Upper Left World Headquarters as they were the last time I rattled the change cup, but the income from my day (and night) job drops rather precipitously in the cooler months when the patio closes and half the dining capacity at the perfect tavern disappears. Since that tip jar isn't so productive right now, this one could use some attention.

The easy way is PayPal, but if you need another way, drop me a note.

Whether you can chip in or not, thanks for being here, some of y'all for all eight years!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous N in Seattle said...

Congratulations, Shaun, and mazel tov from a member of the "even older than Upper Left" fraternity (PTF turns 9 in January).

I'm in a low-liquidity phase at the moment, but I'll try to get something into your tip jar soon.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home