Saturday, July 07, 2012

I believe I mentioned the death...

...of a hard drive. At least it won't engage to boot up my trusty T-50. With luck, there are some recoverable files, but the machine needs to be replaced. Sounds like it's time for a begathon.

You know the drill - if you're able and inspired to help a blogger out, you can click here and make a PayPal donation to help me replace my computer and keep Upper Left up and running. I'll find ways to keep in touch in the interim, but left to my own resources, it's likely at least a couple weeks before I can afford anything.

If you're local and have a computer you're looking to unload, let me know that, too. I don't need a Cadillac - pretty clear if you realize how many generations of Think Pads have come and gone since the T-50 was new - just a servicable and fairly sturdy laptop.

As always, thanks for taking the time to be here, and if you can help, thanks for that, too.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous N in Seattle said...

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Shaun. A contribution is on its way.

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Terry Parkhurst said...

Shaun, while I can't donate money, for similar reasons, I do have a computer you might be interested in; but it's a PC - a 2001 vintage H-P tower (dial-up modem, Windows X/P) with keyboard. (I gave the monitor to Sight Connection, a few months ago.) A friend gave it to me, this past December, when my desktop was setting idle, due to a malware attack; got the virus eradicated in May, thanks to a coupon in the Seattle Ciy Living paper, for a complimentary virus clean-up, at any local Microsoft store. Additionally, I'm still running with a laptop another friend gave me last Christmas (via InterConnection, a refurbished computer store on the cusp of the Fremont district, for low-income and students).

Admittedly, PCs don't have the graphics capability of Apple equipment, but you might want to use this machine; depending how your fund-raising goes. If you want to stick with Apple, give a call to InterConnection at (206) 633-1517. If you want the H-P, let me know via my e-mail; believe it's in your d-base. Or call me at (206) 525-7024.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home